Here are the instructions I posted for students to introduce the technique.
How to Work from Home (WfH) for tomorrow’s pitch and catch
A few of you have indicated you won’t be physically in class tomorrow so we want to set up for the option of “remote” pitch and catch. Here’s how.
- Join and/or download ZOOM (Links to an external site.) (downloading not required – can be done on the web). There are other tools, but we’ll try this one tomorrow.
- If you will not be in class but wish to participate remotely find your pitch and catch assignments below.
- LET YOUR COLLEAGUES KNOW that you will be joining them remotely. THIS IS IMPORTANT. DO IT BEFORE CLASS.
- It will be the PITCHER’S RESPONSIBILITY to create the ZOOM meeting. When you create a meeting you will set things up like this (the time might be different – we will aim for round 1 at 1:30, round 2 at 1:45, round 3 at 2:00, and round 4 at 2:15). Enter your information like this:
- Once you confirm the meeting you will see a screen on which there is a JOIN URL for the meeting and to the right a link that says Copy the invitation. Do it.
- Back in Quercus, go to PEOPLE > GROUPS > the appropriate session and find your table/group. Then click on the group and go to the group Announcements create a new one in which you paste the invitation that should then show up for all group members, for example:
Dan Ryan is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.Topic: Pitch and Catch
Time: Mar 13, 2020 01:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/235481661 (Links to an external site.)Meeting ID: 235 481 661
And as Mr. Jobs used to say, “One more thing…”: IF we have to do this in the coming weeks and you face technological barriers (e.g., no computer at home, no wifi connection, insufficient data, etc.) let me know and we’ll develop an alternative that works for you.
Tomorrow’s Schedule is shown below