Gary King (Harvard) and Maya Sen (Rochester) apply solid political science analysis to the challenges facing contemporary higher education. They consider market threats, political threats, and the potential for wise responses by universities and colleges.
Other papers from the symposium:
- Editor’s Introduction
- “Chin Up; Chest Out; Don’t Panic” by Michael Laver
- “Let’s Not Railroad American Higher Education!” by Henry E. Brady
- “Higher Education in the Twenty-First Century: Innovation, Adaptation, Preservation” by Nannerl O. Keohane
- Comments on “The Troubled Future of College and Universities” by Virginia Sapiro
- “Paying the Piper: Higher Education Financing and Academic Freedom” by John Mark Hansen
Click here to acess PDF if it does not appear in window below.