Recent experience of following (and contributing to) Twitter stream at the annual meetings of the American Sociological Association inspired a number of ideas (not all original, I’m sure, and some probably already implemented) in connection with Twitter and conferences:
- Conference organizers should devise and disseminate a simple hashtag schemes for sessions/presentations.
- Set up scheduled tweets that announce sessions, say, 15 minutes ahead of time. Tweet can contain a link to web page with detailed information about session.
- Presenters can submit brief, say 5 to 10, tweet summary of the points they are making and these can be automatically scheduled to be tweeted during the talk.
- If talks are being live streamed, start of each talk can be marked by a tweet with URL to the stream. Major point tweets could be synced to location in recorded video/audio.
- Develop an app that aggregates and archives live tweets of presentations for live and followup discussion.
What would you add?